Wednesday 17 June 2009

Not 'The Metro' but 'The Subway'



I have used the metro in Newcastle, Madrid and Paris, and the Tube in London, so I figured the NY Subway would be straight forward to navigate - unfortunately I hadn't taken into account the finer points of the Subway.
1) They have express trains that don't stop at every stop' but you don't know which stops until you get on the train. This lead to me getting on and off three consecutive trains very quickly and looking like some mad performance artist filming a video installation, or a contestant on Jackass.
2) You have to use the right entrance, get it wrong and it costs you a journey on your pass to go back up through the exit and find the right one - yep you guessed it.
And they are the just the ones I have discovered, so far............... on one journey- haha

No comments:

Post a Comment