Friday 19 June 2009

The Whitney Museum - A Canny Walk for Disppointment

Hey what do you know, the sun does shine in New York and the sky can be blue too, things are looking up, or at least they were this morning.
Having walked well over forty blocks of Madison 'money no object' Avenue, to find the Whitney Museum of American Art, I have to say I was seriously disappointed. I went with an open mind knowing that it was mostly modern art, but I do struggle with some of that.
My gripes were as follows:
1) No cameras at all.
2) Staff a bit past it and a bit jaded, was afraid to ask questions in case I woke them up.
3) The lift didn't work properly. Tried 3 times to get to the 5th floor to see an exhibition, but the 'ladies what lunch' kept intervening and I kept ending up on the lower ground floor.
4) The 3rd floor was closed for renovations
5) I went all that way to see the 2nd floor of a museum - 3 times, and I didn't think much of it the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment