Sunday 14 June 2009

Downtown - 'Just listen to the music of the traffic in the city'


I'm finding it difficult to really comprehend that I am in New York. I find it strange being in a city where I can understand everyone I've talked to - not sure they could all say the same. When I need to remind myself that I am in New York there are a few proven methods in only 24 hours so far that bring me back to the reality of the place.
1) Look up and see skyscraper after skyscraper.
2) Try and cross the road without consulting the walk signs or the green cross code.
3) Try and count to ten slowly without hearing a car horn.
4) Look out of the apartment at any time of day or night and try to find a road in any direction without a traffic jam.
5) Seeing Darth Vader homeless, giving him a dollar and him saying "May the Force be with you" - Where else could I be?

No comments:

Post a Comment