Wednesday 10 June 2009

Pre Trip Preparations

doing the boring essential stuff like washing, writing lists, so my senior moments don't get the chance to influence my packing. Have entered the first New York Open Croquet Championship - still can't get the head of my bloody mallet - yes tried hot water and WD40 - and yes I have removed the screw - not that far gone yet. Suspect a larger suitcase is going to be called for. Well would you trust British Airways or terminal 5 to not do something nasty to something essential you your trip. Not sure I was going to take enough things to fill a 30inch suitcase, but hey can always fill it with ballast of some sort. Wonder if my sister has any use for collection of various carrier bags, perhaps an Asda or Sainsburys bag would go down well in the Big Apple.

Ive bought a guide book but haven't read it yet. Figure I'll get to it when I get lost or or have done all the things that my nephew and nieces have planned.
Busy listening to Miles Davis and drinking American beer to try and get myself in the mood, but at 7pm on a rainy evening in Stockton on Tees, England, that little sparkle of something special is missing. Perhaps 2am in a smoke filled New York Jazz Club will do it.

Wish I was there without the bother, truth be told. Flying not my favourite form of transport. Have to sit still for too long, but as the only other alternative is going by ship, and that makes me really sick, well will just have to endure the sitting still.

My only concrete plans are to have lots of fun with the family. Go to the New York Pride Parade, play some croquet in Central Park, Flirt with an NYPD policewoman (yeah bad I know, but hey you only live once), walk the length and breadth of the island and help my sister sort our her terrace garden. Everything else will just be a bonus - open to the experience that three weeks will offer.

1 comment:

  1. Lizzie from Lytham12 June 2009 at 01:24

    Now I know why you have such a short mallet! Years of preparation for the big adventure!

    ReplyDelete