Sunday 28 June 2009

The UN Took My Sister


At some point during cocktails on Friday evening my sister told me she had had the day from hell and had to go to Geneva for 3 weeks - the next day. So here I am in New York, and now she is in Geneva - way to go United Nations.
Even better when their mission statement is 'Global Association of Governments, facilitating co-operation in international law, security, economic development and equality for all' - bloody bureaucrats!

Economically it's cost them around $7,000 in expenses alone to send two people from New York to Geneva for an annual meeting that takes place every year - enough to maintain a village somewhere for a very long time - so it's not just the British Government that couldn't organise the proverbial party in a brewery.

The UN Representatives wear blue hats, but then so did 'Thunderbirds' - see where I'm going with this? "F.A.B." - you can make your own acronym - mine is too bad bad to publish.

No comments:

Post a Comment